Oxidized Pandora Bracelet
For those who have already bought a piece of jewelry or are planning to buy an oxidized Pandora bracelet, we will try to reveal all its unique advantages. As well as the features and rules for caring for it, storage and methods for restoring its original appearance.
How is the process of oxidation of Pandora bracelets?
Despite its unique design and color scheme, the oxidized Pandora bracelet is completely indistinguishable from other jewelry models. It’s just that the accessory itself went through the chemical process of exposing sterling silver to sulfur. It is during the reaction that the surface acquires a dark and such an attractive shade. And thanks to this, they perfectly adorn women’s wrists, due to their classic restraint and unique appearance.
Does the bracelet change its appearance over time and does the oxidation come off?
While wearing the bracelet, the charms move along it, slightly erasing the dark coating. But, it’s not critical. It’s just that the product will brighten a little and this, on the contrary, gives it exclusivity. The most quickly oxidized surface is erased in the place where the charms are placed and they are constantly close to each other on the bracelet. For example, due to the fact that they are fixed with clip-on separators.
How to slow down the disappearance of oxidation on a Pandora silver bracelet?
Unfortunately, it is impossible to completely stop such a process. But, on the other hand, there are simple rules, adhering to which, you can extend the presence of an oxidized layer for some time.
- Avoid exposing the surface of the jewelry to chemicals such as cream, perfume, chlorine and sweating agents.
- Store your bracelet on dry surfaces or in closed containers.
- Do not clean the product with aggressive compounds and hard objects.
Regardless of the above reasons, the individual type of human skin also affects oxidation. Therefore, for some bracelet wearers, the process of disappearance is faster than for others.
Is it possible to restore the oxidized surface of the bracelet?
Of course, this is possible. But, re-oxidation will not be free. Even if the owner of the jewelry is applied within the warranty period, because this is not a manufacturer’s fault. This means that each owner must find out the prices for the service individually in the store where the product was purchased.
For those who do not have the opportunity to go to the store, there is a reliable method of oxidation at home. Action algorithm:
- Take raw eggs, a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid, and the bracelet itself.
- Separate the yolk from the rest of the contents and place it in a bowl.
- Close the lid tightly and whisk it.
- Place the bracelet in the container with the yolk, but at the same time securely protect the clasp. You can attach it with a piece of adhesive tape or medical plaster to the wall of the dish, and dip everything else in the yolk. Otherwise, it will darken along with the bracelet.
- Close the container with a lid and leave it overnight.
- Check if the bracelet has oxidized enough and if the color suits us. If not, you can leave it in the container for another day.
- After the time has elapsed, as soon as you remove the product from the container, immediately clean it with a soft cloth. The main thing is not to overdo it with friction, otherwise you can damage the new oxidation.
- Put on your favorite bracelet and keep wearing it with pleasure.
Despite some peculiarities in caring for an oxidized bracelet, its popularity among buyers is as high as that of other models. He attracts many fashionistas with his unsurpassed design and ability to decorate any stylish look. He attracts some with his ability to become an incomparable decoration, thanks to the clarification of certain areas over time.