The desire to preserve the original appearance, shine and other properties of jewelry is quite natural for the owners. Indeed, it is just as important to properly place jewelry and protect it from various negative factors as it is to take care of the material in time. If you properly organize the storage of jewelry, their quality will remain unchanged for a long time.
Each piece of jewelry has its own storage rules, but there are several universal standards:
- Precious metal items and jewelry should be stored separately. The conditions are the same: a cool dark container with a low level of humidity. Excess moisture in the atmosphere does not like either metals or stones;
- in the same way, you need to organize separate storage of jewelry on a silver and gold basis;
- it would be best to separate all products. Precious metals are soft, so they are easily scratched by mechanical stress. For example, the finer the gold jewelry, the softer the material and the more susceptible it is to scratching;
- There are many options for organizing non-standard storage, but it is best to give preference to classic special boxes. Only they will ensure that all necessary conditions are met;
- even with perfect storage, regular maintenance and cleaning is necessary.
How to store gold jewelry?
Gold items need protection from direct sunlight and a dry microclimate. The best option is a box made of plastic or wood with a soft bottom. An alternative is to use specialized soft bags. It is better not to put jewelry in cardboard boxes. Cardboard contains sulfur, which causes dark spots on gold.
How to store silver jewelry?
Each silver item must be placed separately, preventing the metals from contacting. The best «container» — ordinary plastic bags for Zip—Lock clasps. They can create an ideal microclimate that prevents the metal from tarnishing. Additionally, you can protect jewelry from moisture by adding a regular activated black charcoal tablet to each bag. It will absorb excess water molecules. The bags can be hidden in a casket or box — this will comply with the requirement to store silver jewelry in a place protected from the sun.
How to ensure the storage of stones?
The main thing is to protect precious stones from scratches. If you put the jewelry separately, avoiding mechanical contact, this will be enough. You can organize compact separate storage by buying special boxes with partitions that divide the interior space into many compartments. Still stones need professional cleaning 2-3 times a year.
Jewelry storage PANDORA
Products from the brand PANDORA it is enough to place in a box, upholstered from the inside with a soft cloth. You can additionally put each piece of jewelry in a specialized fabric jewelry bag. A few years ago, the brand produced branded boxes with compartments designed for all popular types and variants of products from the brand.
However, this production has now stopped. But this is not a problem: many companies producing analogues have appeared on the market. You can buy them, but in general it is enough to pick up any suitable box with compartments and soft filling. The main thing is that the products are separated from each other. Well, it doesn’t hurt to pay attention to the color and style of the box — it should adequately complement the jewelry stored inside.