Jewelry for an evening dress. How to choose the right one?
Some women wear dresses every day. Others are waiting for a special evening to finally pull it out of the wardrobe. Regardless of the style of the dress, all ladies complement it with fashionable accessories. The key to success is shoes, a bag and beautiful jewelry. They should be chosen according to special rules.
How to choose accessories for an evening dress?
There are two main factors that are taken into account when choosing jewelry for a dress. The first is the fabric from which it is made. The second is a cutout. In the case of complex materials (such as jacquard or velor) and additional elements, sequins, rhinestones or embroidery, pay attention to all the little details. A universal option is delicate earrings or a small ring.
Basic accessories for an off-the-shoulder dress made of lace:
Against the background of lace, miniature jewelry will simply be lost.
But the main principle is less is more. This means that if the dress or blouse is very ornate, stately necklaces and long earrings will create the opposite effect.
If you are going to wear a beautiful thick necklace, you should put aside long earrings with a lot of stones. Give preference to a stylish ring or bracelet, you can even give up earrings. The exception is an expensive set consisting of a delicate necklace and earrings in the same style.
Summer maxi dresses with boho ethnic decor are harmoniously complemented by natural stones, long necklaces with interesting motifs such as feathers or dream catchers.
Sturdy dangling earrings and thick bangles are the perfect accompaniment to a Spanish dress with an airy skirt. This is where multilayering is allowed. Feel free to combine patterns and several necklaces, bracelets or rings in a similar style.
How to choose jewelry for a dress?
Let’s start with the texture of the outfit. If this is a model with a lace trim on the neckline, then its beauty should be emphasized by one piece of jewelry — either massive earrings or a thick bracelet. A necklace or necklace is not suitable in this case, as it will not be clearly visible against the background of lace.
The perfect jewelry for a round neck dress is round earrings with chains. However, if you wear long earrings, then you need to show them in all their glory. In women with a short haircut, all earrings will be clearly visible. Ladies with long hair need to make a high hairstyle, tie them in a decorative ponytail, pigtail or bun.
For a sleek dress in a muted color and without any embellishments, stylists recommend a thick necklace with multi-colored stones or a silver-black round choker and bracelet in a similar style.
If the dress is trimmed with sequins, it will look great with small stud earrings or a thin chain. After all, glitter is a self-sufficient decoration.
A dark plunging dress will be a chic backdrop for accessories such as a delicate necklace or a string of pearls. The main feature of neck jewelry is the correct length.
How to choose a decoration for a neckline?
The shape of the neckline largely determines the shape and size of jewelry, especially for a necklace or chain.
For a dress that covers the shoulders with a smooth neck, round decorative necklaces or chains with pendants are suitable.
Models with a draped neckline and open arms are perfect for large earrings and a wide ring.
Those who wear revealing dresses with an open neckline and a corset should opt for large and small necklaces, with a pendant or medallion, as well as chokers. In this case, long earrings are appropriate.
A dress with a pointed neckline will be matched with thin chains and necklaces with a V-shaped pendant. They visually lengthen the silhouette.
For a neckline in the form of a horizontal boat, a small brooch, short earrings and a necklace under the throat are suitable.
How to choose the right necklace for a dress?
There are 8 types of necklines, for each of them a special type of necklace is made.
- V-shaped. The ideal option is a V-shaped chain that tapers down. If this is a necklace, then it should not be long or short. Then it will look defiant, especially for women with a large bust.
- Boat. Large round necklaces, a soutache necklace with stones (one of the most fashionable trends of recent seasons), long chains with a massive pendant, several simultaneous wearing of thin chains or identical necklaces will do. This will draw attention to the neck, face, cheekbones, twisted strands of hair and distract him from full hips.
- Simple cut. Any embellishment will work with sleeveless dresses and dress shirts with a straight neckline. The main selection criteria are restraint and moderation. The product can be bright and worn over clothes or delicate and miniature, worn close to the neck.
- Diamond neckline. Short round necklaces look elegant — a string of pearls or a chain with geometric pendants. It is important that the decoration does not overlap clothing. It will look beautiful near the neck.
- Golf. A turtleneck, t-shirt or turtleneck sweater is a good background for a necklace. But then you should choose a long necklace that contrasts with the range of clothes — a few tones lighter or darker.
- Retro necklace in boho style, especially with feathers.
- Collar dresses, blouses, shirts. If you are wearing an open collar, wear a necklace under it, as men with ties do. However, avoid V-shaped chains that will blend into the outfit. Give preference to products with a round shape.
- Blouses with straps. Short necklaces are combined with blouses with a slightly scoop neckline. They can be with a suspension, but with a small one. Otherwise, it will visually shorten the neck.
Selection of jewelry for dresses of different colors
Fashion, cut, material and neckline — that’s not all. Equally important is the color of the evening dress. Turn on your fantasy! Let an ornate necklace or colorful stones add character to the whole look.
In this case, the principle of contrast works smartly. If you want to wear a dark dress, emphasize it with light-colored jewelry. Conversely, dark accessories will go well with a light dress.
Timeless classic — a fashionable jewelry set with the sign of infinity in gold or silver. It will go well with a little black dress, as well as with a bright color outfit. But in this case, add-ons in a similar range of colors should be abandoned, because they will give the impression of an overloaded image.
The main advice for fans of classic jewelry is that silver goes well with cool colors, and gold with warm ones. However, if you’re wearing a white or navy blue dress, you don’t have to choose between the two. Both gold and silver will do.
Necklaces with red or pink stones will be in harmony with a green dress, with purple — with yellow. Conversely, green jewelry with a red or pink outfit and yellow with purple.
Now that you know how to choose jewelry for your evening dress, take a look at your wardrobe and jewelry box. If you don’t have enough jewelry, choose from our catalog of the most popular and trendy high quality jewelry models.