The ring is a beautiful and elegant piece of jewelry that has been popular since ancient times. In the modern world, rings are worn by women and men. Such an accessory perfectly emphasizes the individuality of the owner, and also demonstrates his taste. How to wear rings? A similar question worries many lovers of jewelry. In fact, there are no hard and fast rules.
Rings: how to wear jewelry on different fingers
There are no clear restrictions in this matter. The only caveat is that wedding rings should be worn on the ring finger. Recently, it has become popular to wear rings on the thumb. In this case, a wide accessory with an ornament or jagged edges looks good.
Men’s rings look good on the index finger. A neat little ring with a stone will look no less beautiful. Many of the fair sex also choose massive rings for this finger. But in this case, it is important not to overdo it, so it is recommended not to wear other accessories on the other fingers of this hand.
For the middle finger, choose thin rings. Neat, medium-sized accessories are ideal for everyday wear. But large rings can be used when there are no other accessories on the hand.
An engagement and wedding ring is worn on the ring finger of the right hand. If you like to wear accessories on this finger, it is best to choose the left hand for this. On the little finger, as a rule, they wear small neat rings.
How to wear rings: practical tips for everyone
Although modern fashion calls for wearing a lot of jewelry, you should still remember the sense of proportion. If you decide to wear several rings on one hand, do not forget about the main rule — they must be in harmony with each other, as well as match all other jewelry (earrings, bracelets, pendants). A few tips for wearing rings correctly:
- combine the accessory with the outfit — the product should be in harmony with the style and color scheme of your clothes;
- the ring and other accessories must be made of the same material, so you should not combine a gold ring with silver earrings;
- cocktail rings, as well as accessories with stones, are suitable for special occasions;
- neat rings without stones can be easily combined with other accessories. They can also be worn daily, because they are appropriate in any situation;
- if you like to wear several rings on one finger, the choice should be stopped on special sets;
- do not overload your hands — too many rings will look out of place and vulgar.
When choosing a ring, be sure to evaluate the convenience of wearing it. Immediately think over: with what clothes it would be possible to combine it, and with what not. Also, do not buy too cheap jewelry. You should give preference to accessories that you really like. Be sure to find your style and your perfect ring.