A new fashion trend is a well-forgotten old one. Pins, who know everything and keep it in a box, come out of the shadows, boldly coming to the fore. They decorate hairstyles as accessories, emphasizing tails, buns and shells in a pin-up style. Gone are the days when they were hidden under locks. Now in fashion — hairstyles decorated with gold, silver, metal and even neon hairpins. These «invisibles» are able to turn ordinary everyday styling into a work of art and an element of expression of one’s individuality. Learn from this article how to create original styles using different hairpins and get inspired by hairstyles from fashion shows.
How to insert pins correctly
Most people use bobby pins the wrong way and then think they are poorly made because they don’t hold the hair. In fact, it is necessary to prick with the bent side down. Thanks to this, the corrugated surface will lift the hair, and the flat surface will keep them in place, which will add additional charm to the styling.
When pinning individual strands or hair back, it is more correct to fix the strands with hairpins both above and below.
To give a high hairstyle a reliable fixation, you need to cross two long invisible ones, attaching them from above and below. This method is especially good for people with thick hair.
To avoid damaging the scalp and pulling out hair, use bobby pins with plastic ends.
To ensure the stability of the hairstyle, before fixing the hair with pins, spray them with hairspray or use dry shampoo. This contributes to their tighter adherence to the hair.
How to properly fix a bundle of long hair with hairpins
Owners of long hair have the largest number of options for choosing hairstyles. If the curls reach the shoulders and below, in the summer, in the hot season, you can make a high tail, a shell or a bun. This is a pin-up style that belongs to the eternal classic canon. Year after year, he undividedly dominates the catwalks and sets global trends. This hairstyle is suitable for almost any style of clothing and any face shape. It opens up the face and eyes, thanks to which a girl or woman always looks neat and fresh. There’s something sophisticated about the casual carelessness of this hairstyle.
There are several types of bundles:
- the easiest option — the one that is made when creating a «horse tail». In the last pass, the hair through the rubber band is not completed completely, but forms a bundle around which the other strands rotate;
- double — this is nothing but two bundles, contractions on both sides of the head. They can be worn high on the head or low. In both cases, they are done in the same way: make two tails and wrap the hair around the rubber band. They are fixed with hairspray and pins;
- French the elegant bun appeared in the 1940s. It looks very elegant. To make it, you need to comb all the hair to one side and pin them on the back of the head with hairpins. It is important that they are less in the middle, create a vertical line or are crossed together. Hair should be directed to one side of the head vertically upwards;
- spanish — this is a low strand of hair, which is laid slightly above the nape of the neck or on the side. It is desirable that the hair is perfectly smooth. Like the French version, the Spanish bunch has two versions. Loose and carelessly tied hair on the back of the head can be worn every day, and impeccably pinned curls — with an evening dress or with a business suit at official meetings. A tiny decoration attached next to the bundle (pin, braid or flower) gives the hairstyle an individual character;
- english — resembles a Spanish bunch, but it should be pinned high on the top of the head. A special rubber band is perfect for this — a bundle filler. It will evenly distribute strands of hair, creating a large smooth «bagel». In the English version, there is also a free careless version that can be worn every day. You just need to pin the hair on the top of the head and wrap it around the rubber band to make a neat bun. All this can be fixed with varnish and pins. Many women use a decorative elastic band instead (the cult spring — invisibobble is perfect for this);
- of wedding — a neat hairstyle, often decorated with pins, a net, a satin ribbon or a spectacular braid.
How to pin hair with hairpins depending on the length
Even short hair can be pinned into a bun. It’s a bit too much work, but very effective. It is created using tiny bobby pins called «Frogs», each of which holds and secures a single strand of hair. If the length of the hair allows, the strands can be twisted into small snails and tightly pinned on the back of the head — one next to the other. Another solution is to attach one artificial strand to the top, which is designed in the form of a ready-made bundle. It is important that the hairstyle is the same color as the hair.
The simplest bunch of curly hair is obtained when collecting them in a tail and gradually pinning each strand upward with hairpins, twisting it slightly.
A semi-long bundle of hair may require a base in the form of a hairpin or rubber band. If the hair is thick, you can fix each strand separately, creating a romantic wreath.
A bun for long hair will always look spectacular. It does not require decorations, fillers and chignons. All you need to do is wrap the hair tightly around the rubber band, then fix it with hairspray and secure it with pins.
Now you know how to use hairpins correctly and create simple, but beautiful and elegant hairstyles with their help.
you can choose wedding hair accessories in the Silvers online store.